This Privacy Notice describes how Cultivate Beauty & Wellness, LLC (“CBW”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) collect, use, store, and share your information when:
- You use our websites and applications where this Privacy Notice is posted, or other digital properties that are owned and operated by CBW, including but not limited to www.cultivateapothecary.com;
- You communicate with us, whether online or offline (“Communications”);
- You purchase our products (“Products”); and
- When we engage with certain third-party partners, service providers, and vendors (“Third Parties”).
The data controller for the purposes of this Privacy Notice is Cultivate Beauty & Wellness, LLC, 4 Stonegate Drive, Balmville, NY 12550. If you have any questions or complaints in relation to our collection and use of your information, or if you would like to receive more information about how we process your information, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. Please note that our practices and your choices may vary by region.
BY USING OUR SITES, COMMUNICATING WITH US, AND/OR USING OUR SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, HOW DO WE COLLECT IT, HOW DO WE USE IT, AND WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR USING IT?
Depending on the nature of how you use our Sites, Communicate with us, purchase our Products, or how we may use and engage with certain Third Parties, the following is a list of types of information we may collect from or about you, how we go about collecting it, how we use it, and what our legal basis is for using it:
Type of information
How We Collect It
How We Use It
Legal Basis For Use
Personal identifiers, including:
Date of birth
Search history on our Sites
Payment details, including credit card information.
Order tracking number.
Information you provide to us in response to surveys and contests
History of your purchases with us
Directly from you when you use our Sites, purchase our Products, or Communicate with us.
From our Third Party service providers and vendors, including payment processors.
To complete a transaction with you.
To facilitate your use of our Sites and access to our Products.
To process your customer service requests.
To respond to your inquiries.
To administer your account and provide the Sites and Services to you.
To market our Products and Sites to you.
To complete a transaction
To further our legitimate interests of improving our Sites and Products, maintaining a secure experience, and maintaining adequate business administration.
Machine or device information, including:
Device and browser information.
Internet service provider or mobile carrier.
Referring and exit pages.
Date and time stamps.
Clickstream data (including page clicks and scrolls).
Location (for access and use verification).
IP address and device ID.
Automatically from your device when you use our Sites or purchase our Products.
From Third Parties, including service providers and vendors.
Analytical and statistical purposes for improvement of our Sites and Products.
Maintaining and ensuring a secure online environment on our Sites and for the delivery of our Products.
Facilitating support services.
Customizing your experience of our Sites.
To administer your account and provide the Sites and Products to you.
To complete a transaction
To further our legitimate interests of improving our Sites and Products, maintaining a secure experience, and maintaining adequate business administration.
We may also use your information, from time to time, to comply with a legal obligation, act in the public interest, and/or protect the vital interests of our customers and employees by:
- Preventing and responding to abuse and fraud;
- Preventing and responding to illegal activity;
- Preventing and responding to other harmful content distributed through our Sites;
- Prevent the unlawful use and/or selling of our Products; and
- Enforcing our terms, conditions, and policies.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
To the extent applicable, we will disclose or share your information in the following circumstances:
With Your Consent. We may, from time to time, disclose or share your information with your consent. We may obtain your consent in writing, online through “click-through” or related agreements, when you accept terms of service on our Sites, orally, in person, on the telephone, or by other means. We may share your information in these circumstances to complete a transaction, sign you up as a customer, complete a payment, or perform some other level of Service.
With Our Affiliates. We may, from time to time, disclose your information to our affiliates for organizational purposes based on a legitimate interest.
With Third Parties. We may share your information with certain Third Parties, such as business partners, advertising networks, data analytics providers, online and offline data collectors, operating systems and platforms, and service providers who provide us a service (e.g., credit / debit card processing, billing, customer service, auditing, marketing, debugging to identify and repair error and/or protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity).
Business Transfers / Bankruptcy. We may transfer your information as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which to any successor or to any person or entity that acquires ownership or control of the Sites and/or Products. This may occur in the event of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other sale of all or a portion of CBW’s assets. Other than to the extent ordered by a bankruptcy or other court proceeding, the use and disclosure of all transferred information will be subject to this Privacy Notice, unless provided otherwise.
- By Law Or To Protect Rights. We may share your information to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process, governmental request, or where we have a good belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to: (1) enforce or apply agreements; (2) protect our rights or interests, property or safety or that of others; (3) in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation (in court or elsewhere); or (4) protect users of our Sites.
DO WE TRANSFER YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHER COUNTRIES?
The information we collect from and/or about you may be stored on servers and with Third Parties in the United States (where we are headquartered) or other countries, and whose laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. Any transfer of your information is done with reasonable consideration of the applicable laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
HOW DO WE STORE & PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Although no system can guarantee the complete security of your information, we take all commercially reasonable steps, appropriate to the nature of information at issue, to ensure your information is subject to appropriate organizational, technical, and physical safeguards in alignment with all applicable laws and regulations.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We keep your information for as long as necessary in accordance with the purposes for which it was collected, our business needs, and our legal and regulatory obligations. If we dispose of your information, we will do so in a way that is secure and appropriate to the nature of the information subject to disposal, consistent with all applicable laws and regulations.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
When you purchase our Products, any credit card information you provide as part of your payment is collected and processed directly by our payment processor(s). We do not receive or store your credit card information. We commit to working with payment processor(s) who align their practices with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and other industry standard security. To learn more about our payment processor(s), please contact us at: email@example.com
COOKIES, ADVERTISING, & TRACKING
Please see our Cookie Notice.
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding your information. To exercise any of the rights described below, send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
You may submit your request directly, or through an authorized agent, subject to additional verification of your identity and/or the agent’s authorization. To protect your identity, we may also use reasonable efforts, consistent with applicable law, to verify your identity before responding to your request.
- Correct Your Information. Depending on where you live, if you believe we have incorrect or inaccurate information about you, we will use reasonable efforts to allow you to update or correct the information we collect from and about you.
- Access Your Information. Depending on where you live, you may have a right to know what information we have collected about or from you, how that information is being used, and with whom it is being shared. Depending on where you live, you may also be entitled to receive a copy of your information.
- Delete Your Information. Depending on where you live, and subject to certain exceptions recognized by applicable law, you may have a right to ask that we delete your information.
- Object to Certain Uses. Depending on where you live, you may have the right to object to our processing of your information when we do so: (1) for our legitimate interests, as described above; (2) for direct marketing; and (3) for statistical purposes.
- Withdraw Consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Control Cookies Through Your Browsers. You may be able to disable and manage some cookies through your browser settings. If you use multiple browsers on the same device, you will need to manage your settings for each browser.
- Analytics Provider Opt-Outs. To disable analytics cookies you can use the browser controls discussed above or, for some of our providers (e.g. Google), you can use their individual opt-out mechanisms.
- Interest-Based Advertising. For more information or to opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from participating third-party advertisers please visit:
- Digital Advertising Alliance: https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
- Digital Advertising Alliance App Choices Application: www.aboutads.info/appchoices
- Network Advertising Initiative: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
- Email Opt-Out. If at any time you wish to opt out or "unsubscribe" from receiving commercial emails related to our Sites or Services, you may use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each commercial email you receive. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving commercial emails from us, we reserve the right to send transactional or relationship communications to you (e.g., if we need to contact you regarding your account status, technical support, changes to our Sites or Services, etc.).
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under applicable law and this section. That means if you exercise any of your rights in connection with your information, we will not deny you access or use of our Sites or our Services, charge you a different price or rate for any Services, or provide you a different level of service, subject to exceptions under applicable law.
If you have questions or complaints about how we’ve handled your information, or responded to any requests above, please contact us below. You also have the right, depending on where you live, to file a complaint with any competent data protection authority, regulator, or governmental agency, where appropriate.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
All phrases used under this heading have the same meaning as those phrases defined under the CCPA.
Notice of Financial Incentive
Material Terms of Incentive
From time to time, we may provide discounts on our Products in exchange for your personal information, such as your email address. We may use the information you provide in exchange for these Products to send you messages, market future Products, and for other internal statistical purposes.
How The Incentive Is Reasonably Related To The Personal Information Provided
Our discount program is based upon our reasonable but sole determination of the estimated value of the personal information California residents provide, which takes into consideration, without limitation, estimates regarding the anticipated revenue generated from such information, the anticipated expenses which might be incurred in the collection, storage, and use of such information in the operation of our business, and other relevant factors related to the estimated value of such information to our business, as permitted under applicable law.
By providing your personal information when signing-up for a discount, you are affirmatively opting-in to our incentive program. If you wish to opt-out of the program, do not submit the personal information.
Right to Withdraw
If you wish to withdraw from receiving a discount or sample, you may submit such a request by sending an e-mail to care @cultivateapothecary.com before completing your order.
Notice at Collection
To learn more about the categories of personal information we collect, and have collected from and about California residents over the past 12 months, including the sources of collection and how that information is used and shared, please see What Information Do We Collect About You, How Do We Collect It, How Do We Use It, and What Is Our Legal Basis For The Use? and Who Do We Share Your Information With sections above.
Notice of Disclosure For A Business Purpose
To learn more about the categories of personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose about California residents in the past 12 months, please see Do We Collect About You, How Do We Collect It, How Do We Use It, and What Is Our Legal Basis For The Use? and Who Do We Share Your Information With sections above.
Notice of Sale
Cultivate Apothecary does not sell the personal information of California residents. We also do not have any actual knowledge of selling the personal information of any California resident who is 16 years or younger.
California residents have certain rights under the CCPA, including the right to access, delete, and to non-discrimination. To learn more about these rights, please see Your Choices above.
DO NOT TRACK
Our Sites may, from time to time, collect information about your online activities, over time and across different sites and applications. When you use our Sites, Third Parties may also collect information about your online activities, over time and across different websites, online or cloud computing services, online applications, or mobile applications. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Sites currently do not change the way they operate based upon a “Do Not Track” or similar signal. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in Your Choices section.
Our Sites are not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or use any information from individuals under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child under the age of 18 has submitted his or her information without your permission or consent, you can ask us to remove your child’s information by contacting us at email@example.com.
CONSUMERS WITH DISABILITIES
To request a copy of this Privacy Notice in an alternative format, please contact us at the information provided below.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
Cultivate Beauty & Wellness, LLC
4 Stonegate Drive
Balmville, NY 12550
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
There are different types of cookies, 1st party cookies facilitate the direct use of our website such as remembering what is in your shopping cart while you shop. A persistent 1st party cookie will also help you stay logged into your account and remember your preferences. 3rd party cookies are a way we can collect anonymous data with our partners to improve your experience on our website by learning about your preferred shopping experience. Many of those cookies are “session” cookies which only last as long as you are on our website.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website or the cookies contained on that site. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.